Presenting in Preciate is one of the most popular ways to bring content into a meeting that has great socializing and networking, too. Here are a few tips and recommendations to make presenting smooth and effective.
Keep it simple.
Do a run-through.You can work with your host and do a run-through of your event, in advance. Or, just sign up for a free Preciate account and create your own room. Then you can do as many practice sessions as you want.
Have your presentation ready
If you are going to share a screen or application, have it ready to go before you join the event. When you are ready to present, the host will ask you to present. Accept the invitation and you will be placed into presenter mode.
Share your screen by clicking on the screen icon in your video window. (The window where your video appears.)
Choose the screen, application, or tab you want to share
- Manage crowd volume
At present, Preciate Social delivers unimpeded crowd audio to presenters. If your group is small and attentive, you can keep crowd volume on. If your group is large, we recommend that you turn the crowd volume down to zero (or very low). This will help reduce distractions.
- Take questions via Chat
You can open the chat sliding window by clicking the chat icon.
- Mingle and move after you Present
After your presentation, you will be returned to the room. Mingle and move around so participants have a chance to say hello, ask questions, and provide feedback.
- We highly recommend using Chrome or Edge, latest versions. It is possible to present using Safari, but Safari does not allow sharing of application windows or tabs and only allows full-screen sharing.
- Be sure you have enabled your browser for screen recording. This needs to be done at the Operating System level. Most browsers already have been enabled for screen recording (for Google Meet or other video apps), but yours may not have been yet.
- Wear headphones for the best audio experience. This will eliminate any chance of echoes.
- At present, video streaming is not recommended. We are working on improved video streaming to reduce choppiness.
- At present, only the room host can invite a participant to present.
- At present, you will not be able to see any participant faces, and they will not see yours, while you are sharing your screen. We are working on adding this feature.
- There is one known issue for presenters returning to the room after presenting. In some rare cases, when returning, some participants will not be able to see your video or hear your audio. If you experience this, just refresh and come back into the room. We are working on this issue.
- If you experience any other technical issues, refreshing your browser window and returning to the room will generally reset the connections and restore the full experience.